Christmas party season is upon us once again! So, time for some seasonal freehand nail art.
So, I started all the fingernails with a base of OPI My Boyfriend Scales walls. Then,
– Candy cane stripes: Nails Inc King Edward Street, applied with the aid of striping tape
– Rudolph: I started with the nose, which is Nails Inc King Edward Street, overlayed with Miss Sporty Oh My Gem! Gorgeous Red, both of which were applied with a dotting tool. I then applied Barry M in Mushroom with a nail art brush. The eyes were created with Rio nail art pens in black and white
– Christmas pudding: applied a wavy line of Barry M in Mushroom, and then filled in one side all using a nail art brush. The berries were created in the same way as Rudolph’s nose, and the leaves were done with a Rio nail art pen in green. See my tutorial here.
– Snowman: all the black bits were done with a black Rio nail art pen, the carrot nose is Barry M Gelly in Mango, applied using a nail art brush. The band on the top hat is Nails Inc Soho Silver, also applied with a nail art pen.
– Christmas tree: Rio nail art pen in green, and the tinsel was a Rio nail art pen in red, topped with Miss Sporty Oh My Gem! Gorgeous Red. In retrospect, I think this would have looked better in silver, but oh well! I then applied a rhinestone using a clear top coat. What you cant see from this picture is the baubles in BYS Glow in the Dark nail polish. However, in the dark they glow wonderfully well!