It’s Christmas party season, so I thought I’d show you the surprisingly wearable and easy-to-create design that I wore this year.
This is a graphic demonstration of how I achieved the look. Working from left to right, and with your cuticle towards the bottom of the picture –
1. Start with a base coat of white nail polish – I used OPI MY Boyfriend Scales Walls
2. Use a nail brush to apply several longer stripes of varying lengths, using brown nail polish. I used Barry M in Mushroom.
3. Use the same nail brush to apply shorter lines inbetween your original lines
4. Round out the corners
5. Use a dotting tool to apply three red dots. I used Nails Inc King Edward Street.
6. Use another nail brush, or a Rio nail art pen, to apply two small holly leaves. I used a Rio nail art pen in green.
7. Once the berries have dried, add a dot of red glitter nail polish on top of the existing berries, using a dotting tool. I used Miss Sporty Oh My Gem! in Gorgeous Red, though Barry M in Red Glitter seems to be a blogger’s favourite every Christmas! Finally, finish the look with a coat of clear nail polish to seal the design