It’s my birthday today! So what could be more appropriate than cake? Cupcakes, to be precise. If we’re using some artistic licence and squinting a little bit, it looks a bit like these cherry and coconut cupcakes that I made a while back.
I couldn’t decide if I preferred the design with or without ‘sprinkles’, so I did both!
This design is surprisingly time consuming, and it’s done entirely freehand. The steps I followed were
1. Apply a base coat in Barry M Gelly in Lychee
2. Using a nail art brush, apply stripes of Rimmel Hot Shot (bright pink) to the lower half of the nail. Allow that to dry. 3. Use a nail brush to apply stripes of Rimmel Pompous (slightly glittery purple) inbetween the stripes of Hot Shot. This will be your cupcake case.
4. Using a large dotting tool, apply OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls to create the icing.
5. Again using a dotting tool, create a glittery cherry using Miss Sporty Oh My Gem! in Gorgeous Red
6. If desired, use a small dotting tool, use Hot Shot and Pompous to create ‘sprinkles’.