For the Theme Buffet, today’s theme is cute, so I’ve done a dog-themed design.
So, here’s the newest installment of the GOTpolish Challenge 2014! This week’s challenge is green. Not a colour I normally wear, I must confess, so my options for which polish I could use were somewhat limited.
So, to create this mani I
1. Used a base of OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls (two coats)
2. Using the regular brush from the bottle, I applied an off-centre stripe of Sinful Colors Exotic Green
3. Using a Rio nail art pen, I drew four lines on each nail
Next week, I have a rather unromantic Valenines day mani for you!
Want to check out my other GOTpolish entries? See this https://procrastacreation.wordpress.com/tag/GOTpolish
So, firstly Ciate brought out their own Chalkboard manicure kit, which retails for £25 at Selfridges. It includes a matte black paint pot, a mattifying top coat, and four nail art pens.
Now, to be fair, that’s not bad value if you don’t own any nail art kit, but Revlon has brought out its own version for £7.99 a pop at Boots.
But, like many of you out there, I already have all the kit I need to create the same effect! So, I used a regular black nail polish (Nails Inc New York Noir) as a base coat. I then used a nail art brush to add some different designs using other colours of regular nail polish (Barry M Gelly in Mango, Rimmel Hot Shot, Rio nail art pen in white, Sinful Colors in Innocent and Barry M Gelly in Blueberry). Finally, I topped off the whole design with my favourite mattifying top coat – Bourjois So Matt – and the design was finished!
I like to think of this design as being like a French manicure with a big twist.
1. Paint your nail bright red – I used Nails Inc King Edward Street
2. Apply a coat of green nail polish to the end of your nail, rather as you would apply nail tip whitener in a French manicure. I used Sinful Colors in Exotic Green.
3. Use a nail art brush, small dotting tool or nail art pen to apply the seeds in black. I used Nails Inc New York Noir.
4. Use a nail art brush or nail art pen to apply a white line between the green and the red. I used a Rio nail art pen in white.