It’s Christmas party season, so I thought I’d show you the surprisingly wearable and easy-to-create design that I wore this year.
This is a graphic demonstration of how I achieved the look. Working from left to right, and with your cuticle towards the bottom of the picture –
1. Start with a base coat of white nail polish – I used OPI MY Boyfriend Scales Walls
2. Use a nail brush to apply several longer stripes of varying lengths, using brown nail polish. I used Barry M in Mushroom.
3. Use the same nail brush to apply shorter lines inbetween your original lines
4. Round out the corners
5. Use a dotting tool to apply three red dots. I used Nails Inc King Edward Street.
6. Use another nail brush, or a Rio nail art pen, to apply two small holly leaves. I used a Rio nail art pen in green.
7. Once the berries have dried, add a dot of red glitter nail polish on top of the existing berries, using a dotting tool. I used Miss Sporty Oh My Gem! in Gorgeous Red, though Barry M in Red Glitter seems to be a blogger’s favourite every Christmas! Finally, finish the look with a coat of clear nail polish to seal the design
Feeling festive? See other bloggers’ Christmas food nail designs here. You can also check out my other Christmas posts here, and you can find more tutorials here.